Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Hawaii (Oahu) Dole Garden Mosaic Layout


This is a layout (my favorite!) that I made for my honeymoon in Hawaii. We went in October of 2007. I got this idea from a book on scrapbooking that someone gave me.

For the mosaic:
*I started by drawing the lines for where each block would go (lightly in pencil) on the piece of scrapbook paper that I am using for the background. Each mosaic square is 1"x1" and the spaces between are 1/8." Also, there is a border of 1/2" around the whole thing.
*Keep in mind that not all the photos should be cut up, there should be at least one or two that aren't. (These photos won't be exactly 2" or 3" measure across the squares & gutter before cutting those photos).
*Cutting up the photos for the mosaic is easy, just draw in pencil on the back of the photographs to make 1" blocks and cut along the lines. I find it helpful to number each piece of the mosaic (left to right) so that you can make sure that they line up properly and you aren't dealing with puzzle pieces.
*This mosaic looks great with photos of plants, flowers, landscapes, etc. I have never tried making one with people. I would love to see what everyone else comes up with.

Happy scrapping!

~Lauren

No comments: