Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Christmas Stamping All Year Long Challenge #17

This week, Christmas Stampin' All Year Long's challenge was a color challenge. We had to create a card using sage, apricot, and chocolate. I really had to think outside the box for this one. I looked through my paper collection and saw this beautiful hawaiian print. I recently bought a penquin hula girl stamp and I thought that this would be the perfect time to try it out. Here's what I came up with:
Mele Kalikimaka means Merry Christmas in Hawaiian. My husband and I spent our honeymoon in Hawaii, so this card seemed appropriate.

I used an Imaninisce stamp, DCWV travel stack (sand), Cricut Life's a Beach cartridge, and rhinestones.


****UPDATE 6/1******

I decided that this card wasn't "Christmassy" enough. So I added a santa hat to the penguin;s head and christmas lights to the palm tree. I think it looks much better. What do you think?


~Lauren

3 comments:

eiyiyi said...

I LOVE IT! How very, very creative. You did a great job. I'm thinking the lights would be fun.

Maria said...

Oh, that penguin is such a cutie!!! She dances the hula really well! LOL! Great take on the color combo challenge!! Love how you added the pretty hibiscus. . .you really captured the spirit of a Hawaiian Christmas!!

Thank you for participating in the challenge!! Your cards are fantastic!

Maria

brenda said...

Really cute card Lauren and so imaginative.

B x