Tuesday, February 9, 2010

A blog award from Nancy

My friend Nancy at Promises to Keep has given me this lovely blog award.  


Here are the rules for the award:
1. Copy and paste the award on your blog.
2. List the person who gave you the award and provide a link to her blog.
3. List 10 things that make you happy.
4. Pass this award on to others and visit their blogs to let them know.

10 Things that make me happy:





1. My wonderful family - my wonderful husband Mike, My parents, my brother Greg, my nephew Justin, Mommom and Poppop, Granddad, and my Grandmother (1921-1999) may she rest in peace - I think of her every day.  I also have wonderful in-laws, especially my mother-in-law (she walks the dogs while I'm at work and scrapbooks with me at least once per week).  


2. My friends - My two best friends since elementary school - Lauren and Dara - even though they both live in New York, I see them regularly and love them dearly.  My sorority sisters - especially Jess, Theresa, Shel, Crisbel, Sarahanne, Brook, and Kim - they have been with me through so much!  I have recently made many good friends in the papercrafting world - thank you for your friendship and support. 


3. My furry children - Rocky and Daphne have brought us so much joy.  My husband and I had cats growing up and had always wanted dogs.  We were so excited to buy our first home and we each got the kind of dog we always wanted.  A boxer and a cavalier are an unusual pair, but they are great together.


4. My first home - My husband and I were lucky to find a home in the neighborhood we wanted at a price we could afford.  I fell in love with the ornate inlaid hardwood floors, the stone fireplace, and the beautiful tudor style exterior.  Plus, it had a yard for the dogs we wanted so badly.


5. The beach - I have always loved sitting on the beach.  My family has owned a house in Longport, NJ since I was two years old.  It is one of my favorite places in the world.  I absolutely love "the point" - my husband knew this and that's why he proposed there in 2004.  I have also been lucky enough to visit beaches in Virginia, North Carolina, Maryland, Florida, the Bahamas, Virgin Islands, and Hawaii too.


6. Photography - I love to take pictures.  I have since I was a child and got my first camera.  I am so glad to live in the digital era, where you can see pictures immediately and not "hope" that they turn out the way you planned.  I have been fortunate to visit Europe three times (my husband was in the Army stationed in Germany) and I got my first digital camera for my trip.  I have lots of photos that I love and will treasure forever.  At Temple, I was able to take some photography classes to learn more about my hobby.


7. Papercrafting - This is by far my favorite pastime.  I started scrapbooking in college (2002) because my sorority created a scrapbook for each semester.  I have been creating pages ever since.  In 2009 I bought a Cricut machine after being lured in by a HSN infomercial at 2 am.  I discovered the Cricut Messageboard and cardmaking at that time too.  It's almost a year later and I have made lots of cards that my family and friends will treasure. 


8. Reading - I have been an avid reader since childhood.  I was reading at an early age and was always reading far above my age level.  I'll never forget the look on my third grade teacher's face when I told her that my book report was on Jurrasic Park by Michael Crichton.  There's nothing better than curling up with a good book - especially on the beach!


9. Baking - I started working at a bakery when I was 15.  I worked there for 6 years and was the store manager by the time I left.  I learned so much about baking, plus how decorate cakes, including wedding cakes.  I love to bake, and I am always trying to whip up something new and different.

10. Shopping - I have always loved shopping!  I love to shop for clothes, shoes, purses, housewares, and papercrafting supplies.  




And now to pass this on...
(In no particular order)
1. Eileen at Dropped Stitches
2. Ruby at and that's all she wrote
3. Ramona at Paper Hugs
4. Brenda at Floral Fantasies
5. Angela at Angelwood's Crafting Corner
6. Norma at From my craft Room


3 comments:

♥♥RubyM:)♥♥ said...

AWHHH CHUCKS! Lauren your too sweet. Thank you that is very kind of you.WOW!is nice to know more about you he he!RubyM:)

Angelwood said...

Thank you so much Lauren! You are too kind and I'm so happy to get to know you - I loved reading your 10 favorite things list. Thanks again sweetie! hugs, Angela

brenda said...

Hi Lauren

Leaving you a message on the post at the top of your blog in case you don't see this one.

B x