Thursday, June 24, 2010

Sherrod Studio Blog Hop

Hey everyone!  It's time for a blog hop!  My friend Kim from Sherrod Studio Stamps is hosting a blog hop to celebrate the re-launch of her stamp line.  

Here's a little info about the reasons for the re-launch of the line:

Hi There!
This is Kim. I started my stamp line a year ago but decided to take some time off to due to personal and business decisions that I needed to make. As life would have it, things started happening. First we got burglarized and without insurance we couldn't replace important things that were taken, then a couple of days after that we had a financial setback. My hope in launching the new stamps and bringing back old favorites is to raise money to help our family get back on our feet again. We are grateful to everyone we know who have given us so much love and support as we work our way back to feeling safe and secure again.

Hugs,

Kim

I have made two cards for this blog hop.  For the first one, I used the "Gamer" set.  Isn't it perfect for any little boy?  I made this card for my nephew.  I will likely use it for his birthday (next March), but I didn't put a sentiment in case I need to use it for another occasion. 


Details:
Solid Cardstock by The Paper Co
Stamps by Sherrod Studio
Bic Mark it Markers

For the second card, I used the "Rock and Roll" set.  My favorite uncle (and godfather) plays the guitar and his 50th birthday is July 7th, so this was perfect timing!  I just love the flourishes around the guitars and music notes!  


Inside: 
Details:
Solid Cardstock by The Paper Co
Stamps by Sherrod Studio, "You Rock" sentiment by Studio G
Cricut Lacy Labels
Bic Mark it Markers & White Gelly Roll Pen
Music Note Brads 
Silver Embossing Powder by Inkadinkado 

The next stop on the hop is the lovely and talented Leah of Paper Blossoms.   
If you want to start at the beginning of the hop, please visit Sherrod Studio.  

In order to be eligible for the prize draw, be sure to comment on the blogs of all 6 hop participants. 

8 comments:

Davi said...

Lauren, Both cards are great. The fun gamer with the primary colors is so perfect and love the rock and roll card! The colors and dimension with the borders and cut outs really makes it pop.

DonnaMundinger said...

Wow! Great guy cards and fabulous bright colors. Love them both! xxD

Dana said...

Lauren these are both awesome, but that first one is incredible. Love the bold "boy" colors... perfect!

Amy Kolling said...

OMG....that first card would be perfect for my son.....that is ALL he wants to do! Video games! Great card!

Leah said...

SO cute! I love both of them, you are really good at boy cards, they are fabulous!

Martha said...

Lauren, great job on both cards. The little boy and the primary boxed design are so perfect. The music card for the guitar player is very clever using the cut outs and frame layout.

Hugs, Martha

Kim said...

Love the colors in your gamer card. The rock 'n roll card looks awesome. Your uncle is going to love it! Rock on:)

Kristy said...

I really like the "swooshies" around the guitar and the music notes! And the gamer card makes me giggle. It looks so much like the original nintendo I grew up playing :0)