Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year! Resolutions and Goals

Happy New Year everyone!  A huge thanks to everyone who has supported my blog.  I truly appreciate all your comments and visits.  I receive so much inspiration and ideas from all of you!  Thank you all!

Here's some photos from my New Year's Eve. I didn't get any pictures of my husband and I because he was on call (he does HVAC), and of course he got called in around 11 pm!



My mom and I


My brother and his girlfriend


This year, I want to make a few resolutions and goals for my crafting & this blog.

Goals:
~Post more often.  There were weeks in 2010 where I only made one post.  I would like to make it at least 3 per week.  In total, I made 154 posts in 2009 and 156 in 2010.  In 2011, I would like to make at least 200.
~Spend less time online and more time crafting.  Sometimes I have 2 or 3 hours set aside to craft and I spend the whole time blog hopping, on facebook, or on messageboards.  I am so inspired by everything that I see, but I don't get anything done!
~Make at least 1 Christmas card per week.  That way, I will be ready with 50+ cards next December.  I will play along with some of the Xmas challenge blogs to keep me on task. 
~Try new things.  I want to expand my crafting to include altered items and vinyl.  I am really interested to try quilling too. 
~Finish my wedding reception scrapbook. (I finished my wedding ceremony scrapbook, and I will be posting the rest of those layouts soon).
~Participate in at least one craft fair.  I've always wanted to sell my cards, candles, frames, and photos.  This will be the year that I finally try it out.
~Use my stash.  I've been hoarding for YEARS!  I need to stop buying and start using what I've got.
~Use scraps.  I have two bins of scraps (one bin of solid colors and one bin of patterned papers) and they NEED to be used up!
~Use my Cricut and Gypsy more often.  I have so many wonderful cartridges that don't get used.  Lately, I only use my bug for cutting out lettering for my scrapbook layouts.  I need to use it more often and for other things.  

Happy crafting and a wonderful 2011 to all!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Sue Althouse said...

Your goal about less time online and more time crafting should be a goal of mine, too! Now, how do we blog more often and still find time to craft more often? There's the challenge!