Saturday, October 22, 2011

Emboss Resist Technique

This is the first tutorial I've ever posted, and I am excited to share it with you.  One of my favorite techniques is emboss resist. 

Supplies:
Versamark Ink Pad
Stamp (I used "Let it Snow")
Clear embossing powder
Heat gun
Any color ink pad
Sponge daubers, sponges, or eyeshadow applicators



I started out by stamping my image in versamark.  You won't be able to see it, since it is clear.  Put the embossing powder over top.  Heat with heat gun until it becomes shiny.

Get out your ink pads and begin sponging a color over top of your image.  Start with the lightest colors first.  You can always apply more.  

Keep applying ink until you get the desired result.  Ink does not go over top of the embossing, so you will be able to see your image through the ink.  


I did the same thing with the sentiment.





Here's my completed card:



Photobucket

No comments: